Children are dependent on the people who care for them. Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to help YOUTH who may be developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
- Free evidence-based training presented by Wellness in the Woods
- Lunch will be provided for all attendees free of charge
- Funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration & supported by Crow Wing Energized
- Certification for 8 hours of education
- grow their knowledge of signs, symptoms and risk factors of mental illnesses and addictions.
- identify multiple types of professional and other resources for youth with a mental illness or addiction.
- increase their confidence in and likelihood to help an individual in distress.
- show increased mental wellness themselves.
Studies show that the program reduces the social distance created by negative attitudes and perceptions of individuals with mental illnesses. View More Information»
There are limited spaces for this training.