Matter of Balance Leader Training
Dates: August 13th & 14th
9:30 am to 3:30 pm each day
Crow Wing County Land Services Building
Lunch will be provided both days. Please email Paula Woischke, Healthy Aging Coordinator with any questions prior to the training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of Workshop: Free to organizations that will be leading under the CMCOA license. If outside of the CMCOA area, a fee of $65 to cover the costs of materials, meals, etc.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AT https://form.jotform.com/pwoischke/2019MOBLeader
Matter of Balance is an award winning evidence-based program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase the activity levels of older adults who have concerns about falls. Through classes participants learn to:
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Set Realistic goals for increasing activity
- Change their environment to reduce fall risk factors
- Engage in exercise to increase strength and balance
Matter of Balance Curriculum is delivered by TWO trained leaders in eight 2-hour sessions. Therefore, it is highly recommended that each agency/site register at least two people. In order to be certified, leaders must successfully complete both days of training.
Coach Leader Requirements:
- Agree to coach TWO Matter of Balance Workshops within one year of certification.
- Attend coach training taught by the Master Trainer and earn a Matter of Balance Coach Certification